Topic Selection Instructions
The project is a group task, and each member of the group is expected to contribute equally to the overall system.
You should form a group of 2 people and register the group. You may mix between IT and CS. Only in special circumstances, and with permission of the Project Coordinator, will different size groups be allowed.
For students accepted or applied for Student Exchange, Extended Training or have completed Senior Project (but not Project Development), as you will only undertake the project in semester 1, you must form a group with another exchange student.
Each faculty members has a list of potential topics they are willing to supervise. Do a research about the topics and/or talk with faculty members, then send the following email to ITS400Y16S1@gmail.com by Friday, 26 5pm
- Title: Preferred topics
- Group members: XXX(ID) and YYY(ID)
- Group averaged GPA: XXX
- Project duration: 2 or 1
- Preferred topics: ['TT1', 'SU2', ....]
- You can list at most 12 topics as preferred topics.
- If you list more than 2 topics from one advisor, then the 3rd and subsequent topics from that advisor will be ignored.
- If you enter something other than a valid project code then that code will be ignored.
- You cannot change your preferred topics after you have emailed
- The email should only be sent by one member of each group. If two members send the email, the firstly arrived email will be considered
Once assigned topics are announced, you will have 1 week to meet with your advisor and finalise the group/topic. After this time, the same group/topic/advisor must be maintained for the entire project (both semesters).
Topic allocation will be done by the stable marriage algorithm as described here.