In the final presentations, every group must present their proposal. These presentations will be graded.
The format of these practice presentations is as follows:
- Group presentations. Each group presents about their project; all members of the group must present for (approximately) the same time.
- Duration: 10 minutes. Each group has 10 minutes to present. Groups should aim to talk for exactly 10 minutes (plus/minus 30 seconds): not too long, nor too short.
- Questions: faculty members will ask questions after your presentation. Be prepared to answer and explain your project further. Questions should be shared by each group member (don't let one person answer all questions).
- All students must wear SIIT uniform on the presentation day
Each group is allowed to use as many slides as they wish. They may also present demos/videos. Use either your own laptop or the PC in the room. Test your presentation in the room before the session (e.g. the day before or at least 30 minutes before start of the session). Failures or delays in starting the presentation due to lack of preparation will result in score reductions.
You must submit your slides in both original format (e.g. powerpoint, keynote, latex) and as PDF on SVN by 5pm Tuesday 16 December 2014, e.g.
Presentation should cover most main sections from the Project Proposal (however you do not need to follow the same order as the Project Proposal, e.g. you may choose to omit the schedule, you may rename and re-order the sections). You should aim to convince the committee that you have good understanding of the problem area and have a good plan of what you need to do to complete the project.
Each student must attend the entire session that they will present in (see Schedule below). For example, a student in session A must attend all other presentations in session A. Students are not required to attend presentations from other sessions.
One or more faculty members will be in each session. They will provide scores, and optionally questions/comments, for each presentation. Scores from faculty members will contribute to your grade.
The presentations will be held in four different sessions:
- A: Monday 15 December 2014, 9am to 12noon, Room MT Meeting Room (4th floor Sirindhralai).
- B: Monday 15 December 2014, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Room BKD3510.
- C: Monday 15 December 2014, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Room BKD3511.
- D: Tuesday 16 December 2014, 9am to 12noon, Room BKD3510.
Note that the MT Meeting Room contains a TV for presentation (not a projector) and is smaller than lecture rooms.